Sophomores and Juniors
Do you want:
- to be named one of the top advanced manufacturing or logistics students in the state?
- to earn at least $2,160 during 6 weeks in the summer?
- to receive valuable work experience with an outstanding company?
- to develop your career path?
- personal development and networking opportunities?
If you said “Yes” to any of these questions, then the Conexus Interns Program is right for you. This selective advanced manufacturing and logistics career development opportunity is a great way to get your career rolling.
The deadline to submit an application is January 31, 2018.
Are you a graduating Senior?
Do you meet the application requirements above, but will be graduating this year? Then get ready to explore the new Hiring Portal for Graduating Seniors.
Our unique portal will share your application with local employers looking for talent. Simply apply for full-time or internship positions through the portal, which is going live SOON!
Be sure to watch this video to learn all about the Conexus Interns Program and hear from previous students about their experiences!
Conexus Interns Summit
Conexus summits will energize students with activities designed for interns to interact with emerging professionals from across Central Indiana and share internship experiences. During the summer, interns will attend a summit to learn about college and career options after high school, meet industry leaders, develop job readiness skills, and network with others who share similar career goals.
Almost $69,000 is the average compensation for manufacturing in Indiana
Approximately 18,000 predicted new logistics job openings in Indiana by 2016
Manufacturing is Indiana’s #1 industry
82% of US manufacturers plan to increase production
Where Can I Work?
- Allison Transmission, Inc
- Batesville Tool & Die
- Delta Faucet
- Elgin Fastener Group
- Jasper Engine & Transmission
- Kauffman Engineering
- Koch Enterprises
- Littler Diecast Corporation
- Mursix Corporation
- Regal Power Transmission
- SMC Corporation of America
- TOC Logistics
- Ultra Electronics, USSI
- Winn Machine, Inc
- Click here for a complete list of companies
Interns will be selected through interviews conducted by the local companies that offer the program.
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be a rising junior or senior in high school
- Have an attendance rate of 95% or better during the fall semester
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- Be enrolled or have completed Hire Technology coursework and/or PLTW pre-engineering
- Have a 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale) in Hire Technology or Project Lead the Way classes
- Be referred by school personnel (teacher, counselor, administrator, etc.)
- Provide own transportation to and from internship site
- Have a strong interest in pursuing additional education or careers in manufacturing or logistics after high school
- Have a strong work ethic, strong communication skills, and a desire to learn
- Be drug free
Program Process and Timeline
- Applications are released
- Educators recruit and identify students
- Students submit applications to educator for approval
- Applications are due January 31st
- Companies conduct interviews
- Companies select student(s) for internship and extend offers
- Interns attend the first virtual summit
- Students begin internship
- Students attend cohort meeting
- Students attend second virtual summit
- Internship concludes